Oryx at Kij Kij in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park during January 2019.
Oryx is a genus consisting of four large antelope species called oryxes. Three of them are native to arid parts of Africa, and the fourth to the Arabian Peninsula. Their fur is pale with contrasting dark markings in the face and on the legs, and their long horns are almost straight. The exception is the scimitar oryx, which lacks dark markings on the legs, only has faint dark markings on the head, has an ochre neck, and horns that are clearly decurved.
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park is a large wildlife preserve and conservation area in southern Africa. The park straddles the border between South Africa and Botswana and comprises two adjoining national parks:
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park in South Africa
- Gemsbok National Park in Botswana
The total area of the park is 38,000 square kilometres (15,000 sq mi). Approximately three-quarters of the park lies in Botswana and one-quarter in South Africa. Kgalagadi means “place of thirst.”
The park is located largely within the southern Kalahari Desert. The terrain consists of red sand dunes, sparse vegetation, occasional trees, and the dry riverbeds of the Nossob and Auob Rivers. The rivers are said to flow only about once per century. However, water flows underground and provides life for grass and camelthorn trees growing in the river beds. The rivers may flow briefly after large thunderstorms.
The park has abundant, varied wildlife. It is home to large mammalian predators such as lions, cheetahs, African leopards, and hyenas. Migratory herds of large herbivores such as blue wildebeest, springbok, eland, and red hartebeest also live and move seasonally within the park, providing sustenance for the predators. More than 200 species of bird can be found in the park, including vultures and raptors such as eagles, buzzards, and secretary birds.
1. No framing is included in the pricing.
2. All Fine art prints are printed on Epson Cold Press fine art paper with a life long warranty.
3. Great care is taken with the packaging of your product to ensure that you receive it in good order.
4. All Canvasses and Fine Art Prints will be personally signed by Gerhard Steenkamp.
5. All Canvasses and Prints are limited to 20 per image.
6. We give you the insurance of optimum quality and professional service at all times.
7. Standard sizes are follow:
- 16″ x 24″ = A2 = 40 x 60 cm
- 24″ x 36″ = A1 = 60 x 84 cm
- 32″ x 48′ = A0 = 80 x 120 cm
8. In case of an image being an odd size the longest side will stay the same, as on the order, and the shorter side will be altered to suite the dimensions of the image.
Thank you for shopping with us.